Tours of Canada take you from cosmopolitan cities to rugged landscapes which stretch out for miles. Trek through the Canadian Rockies, relax by sparkling lakes, take in views of glaciers and keep an eye out for bears. Or explore cities full of bars and restaurants, museums and shops. Our Canada tours can be tailored to your needs, or simply browse our selection below for inspiration.
Enjoy a luxury Canada tour on our Seven Seas Mariner Alaska Cruise. Board this luxury cruise ship in Vancouver, where you can spend a few days exploring before you depart. Take in the views of the Pacific Coast, relax in Stanley Park or wander through the market picking up bargains and trinkets. The city is well known for its microbreweries, as well as the spectacular views from Grouse Mountain. Alternatively, hit the road in style and combine your tour of Canada with the USA on The Great American Roadtrip. Drive through 12 of the USA’s 50 states, seeing New York, Washington DC and more before crossing into Canada to see the great Niagara Falls. In Yellowstone National Park you’ll find emerald forests, crystal clear lakes and glaciers, before journeying back into the USA.
To immerse yourself in the attractions of Canada, we suggest our Canadian Contrasts Tour. Enjoy the twin pleasures of countryside and city as you visit the country’s top sights. Begin in cosmopolitan Toronto, see Niagara Falls, Montreal, Banff National Park, Whistler and more before finishing on the east coast in Vancouver. If you prefer to see the many outdoor attractions, book the Rockies Trail Tour. Hike, mountain bike, ski, horse ride or drive through the spectacular landscapes in Canada.
Yukon Road Trip
Prince Edward Island Private Tour
If you are going on the Rocky Mountaineer, I would always recommend upgrading to the Goldleaf service. You are seated upstairs with a glass rooftop that provides you with 360 views throughout. They also have a separate dinning carriage downstairs that offers an amazing fine dining experience.
See Niagara Falls like never before. Take your experience of the falls to new heights with a helicopter to ensure that you will be getting some of the most breath-taking views possible. Enjoy a 20 minute ride above not only the falls but also the surrounding historic landmarks, one to tick off the bucket list! Don’t forget your camera, you will regret it.
Make the most of your time and pre book as many excursions as possible. I would highly recommend if you are in Jasper or Banff, visit the nearby Athabasca Glacier on one of the Ice Explorers. On route, why not stop off and experience the Glacier skywalk where you get to walk across a glass floored walkway suspended off a cliff-edge.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Canada known for?
Jaw-dropping scenery and friendly locals aside, Canada is known for a number of things…here’s just a few:
Maple syrup – over 80 percent of the world’s maple syrup is produced here.
Ice Hockey – the country’s national winter sport, both the Canadian men and women’s teams consistently walk away with Olympic gold.
The Northern Lights – though visible in Iceland and Norway, tourists travel from all over the globe to Canada’s unspoilt wilderness to be mesmerised by the aurora borealis as it snakes across the sky.
Crystal waters – boasting some of the cleanest water on the planet, Canada has more lakes than all other countries in the world combined.
Where's the best place to view the Northern Lights in Canada?
With a rainbow of colours bouncing off the pristine cerulean lakes, the northern-most regions of British Columbia boast stunning backdrops for viewing aurora borealis, or make the journey into the remote wilderness of Saskatchewan and you’ll be rewarded with unbelievable views of this beautiful spectacle.
What's the food like in Canada?
Canada is known for a few foods – here’s three of the most popular dishes:
Poutine – this savoury dish consists of cheese curds, crispy fries and gravy, and can be topped with either pulled pork, bacon or smoked meats.
Salmon jerky – with a wealth of delicious seafood on offer, this dried to-go snack is a favourite among locals.
Butter tarts – a hugely popular sweet treat, these consist of a small pastry shell filled with egg, sugar, butter and syrup, baked until the top layer is crunchy.
With its combination of phenomenal landscapes, diverse cities, and the unerring charm of its locals and sleepy towns, America’s beautiful and polite cousin, Canada, should not be overlooked.
Why you’ll love Canada…
• Strolling along the cobbled streets of Quebec
• Gazing up at the mighty Niagara Falls from the Maid of the Mist
• Observing the humbling beauty of the aurora borealis
• Catching an ice hockey game
• Watching an evening light show at the picturesque Parliament Hill in Ottawa
• Experiencing the highest tides in the world at the Bay of Fundy
• Observing the dramatic Canadian Rockies aboard the world-famous Rocky Mountaineer train
• Riding the Ice Explorer snow bus across the Athabasca Glacier
• Witnessing polar bears in their natural habitat in Churchill
• Enjoying a meal with a view, from the soaring CN Tower
• Whale watching in British Columbia
• Taking the Banff Gondola lift to the top of Sulphur Mountain
Did you know?
• Over half of the world’s population of polar bears can be found in Canada.
• Canada’s police force give out ‘positive tickets’ to civilians when they see somebody doing something positive.
• Some parts of Canada have less gravity than the rest of the world. Discovered in the 1960s, this bizarre phenomenon is a result of Ice Age glaciers pushing down on the Earth’s crust underneath Canada. The weight of the ice caused mantle rock to ooze sideways, leaving an unfilled gap for the crust to bounce back into. It is yet to fully bounce back.
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.