Discover two incredible and contrasting destinations in this fantastic twin centre itinerary. Begin in cosmopolitan Vancouver, famed for its laid-back attitude and outdoorsy nature. From world class shopping, entertainment and restaurants to outdoor adventuring and exploring - there is always something to enjoy. Next, fly into the intrepid wilderness of Northern Canada to Yukon Territory. Here you will get to view the breath taking natural phenomenon of the Northern Lights in one of the greatest places on earth to view them; a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- World-class entertainment, shopping and outdoor activities in laid-back Vancouver
- Exploring un-tamed wilderness, fascinating history and fantastic wildlife in Yukon
- Discovering the incredible Northern Lights up close for an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Start your Journey
Discover Vancouver's cosmopolitan atmosphere mixed with laid-back charm. If you appreciate the finer things in life, you can shop-till-you-drop along Robson Street, treat yourself to gourmet meal in Gastown or perhaps sample some of the famous local spirits by visiting a distillery. If outdoor adventures are your thing, we love kayaking in the harbour from Granville Island, exploring Grouse Mountain and Capilano Park or just chilling out on scenic English Bay Beach or in Stanley Park when you're done.
Finally, head north on a short flight from Vancouver to Yukon to truly begin your adventure. After your arrival in the capital, Whitehorse, you'll be taken for the first evening viewing of the majestic Aurora Borealis or 'Northern Lights' where you'll be able to see the sublime beauty and fascinating array of colours of lighting the skies, warmed by a roaring bonfire and toasted marshmallows.
Your stay will also include a fascinating tour of Whitehorse, a former gold rush settlement, a visit to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve where you'll be able to spot bighorn sheep, mountain goats, moose and caribou in their natural habitat, and to the incredible Takhini Hot Springs where the outdoor hot springs provide a natural sanctuary amid the cold weather.
You will also have the opportunity to add on other optional excursions during your stay such as dog sledding, ice fishing or snowshoeing to further experience this unique region of Canada.
- International flights and internal flights
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- 3 nights in Northern Lights package in Whitehorse, Yukon
- Northern Lights package includes:
- Meet and greet at Whitehorse airport
- Return transfers between Whitehorse Airport and Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- 3 nights accommodation at Best Western Gold Rush Inn on room only basis
- 3 night excursions to view the Aurora Borealis, including transfers to/from the hotel.
- Hot drinks and snacks at Aurora viewing
- Day 2: Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse
- Day 2 or 3: Wildlife Preserve and Takhini Hot Springs tour
- Transfers in Vancouver
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Calgary, Rocky Mountaineer Western Explorer and Vancouver Multi Centre
Rockies Trail Escorted Tour
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.