Your Mombasa Rendezvous Safari is a chance to explore eastern Kenya’s astonishingly diverse wildlife and majestic landscapes - from the snow-capped peaks of Kilimanjaro, in neighbouring Tanzania, to the rolling flatlands of Amboseli National Park. On your journey you’ll encounter elephant, rhino, buffalo and lion alongside countless other animals. There will be a symphony of life playing out before your eyes.
Kenya is one of the most beautiful countries in East Africa. This four day tour is convenient if you are staying in Mombasa, taking in the rich, biodiverse regions of Tsavo East, Amboseli National Park and the Taita Hills. Each region is considered among the best spots to see Africa’s most famous inhabitants up close.
Be amazed by the sight of vast herds of wildebeest, the thrill of lions prowling for their next meal, and the beauty of the dainty impala. At the Sinet Delta bird lovers can revel in the sight of heron, pelicans, and Egyptian goose, while also keeping an eye out for giraffe, which favour the area’s thick vegetation.
Along the way you’ll meet the Masaai people, who have lived in this region for centuries. The Masaai community offers you an insight into a fascinating culture that exists in harmony with the wild landscape. Returning to the camp as the sun falls low in the sky you can enjoy a drink at your lodge overlooking the plains. For the truly adventurous a night game drive is a chance to experience African wildlife under the stars.
With decades of experience, Hayes & Jarvis is the perfect choice for your experience of a lifetime in Kenya.
- Witness elephants at Amboseli National Park against the snowy peak of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Observe giraffe, lion and rhino in the beautiful Tsavo East National Park
- Explore the Taita Hills and spend a night in the sky at Saltlick Lodge
- Take an evening game drive and marvel at nocturnal creatures, like mongoose and genet
Start your Journey
Mombasa to Tsavo East
You’ll be picked up from your hotel in Mombasa and driven to Tsavo East National Park, the largest park in Kenya. Passing through Buchuma Gate you’ll find that the vast plains will envelop you. Your driver-guide will open the roof of the vehicle, enabling you to feel the warm African sun on your face and the breeze playing through your hair. After settling in at the lodge and enjoying a delicious lunch, set out on your first afternoon game drive. Tsavo East is home to a fantastic array of wildlife, so you have a good chance of seeing elephant, rhino, lion and many other animal residents.
Tsavo East - Amboseli
After an early breakfast you’ll hit the road. Heading north to Amboseli you’ll notice the landscape change. On a clear day the soaring bulk of Mount Kilimanjaro will be visible ahead. Arrive into the luxuriously-appointed Amboseli Sentrim Camp for lunch, with time to relax and cool off in the swimming pool. From here you’ll take a game drive across the dry Amboseli lakebed, where you’ll see birds such as egrets and crowned cranes, and game animals such as cheetah and buffalo. Amboseli National Park’s biggest draw is its large herds of elephant, which congregate in the shallow swamp waters. As the sun sets, return for a relaxing evening in a luxurious tent beneath the stars.
Amboseli - Taita Hills Game Sanctuary
From Amboseli, it’s a relatively short drive to the Taita Hills. Your destination is the Sarova Saltlick Lodge, which stands on stilts in the heart of the national park. The watering hole at its centre is a regular hangout for elephants.
Following lunch, take off on a game drive, where there’s a chance of seeing lion, zebra, cheetah, impala and more against the dramatic backdrop of the Eastern Arc Mountains. You’ll return to your lodge in the early evening for dinner. Later you’ll have the option to head out on a night drive. Taita Hills is one of the few places in Kenya that evening drives are permitted, offering you the rare opportunity to try and spot nocturnal creatures, such as mongoose, aardwolf and genet.
Taita Hills - Mombasa
Rise early for a good breakfast followed by a game drive around Taita Hills. Head back to the lodge to enjoy a leisurely lunch and a pleasant drive back to Mombasa. You will arrive back at your hotel in the mid-afternoon.
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of 3 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Board basis is Full Board: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Assistance and porterage: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels
- All game drives in safari minibus with a pop-up roof on a shared basis with the assistance of an English / Bilingual (French, German, Italian or Spanish)-speaking driver-guides
- Guaranteed window seat
- Entrance fees (excluding video camera fee) for parks for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- International flights and airfare taxes
- Airport transfers
- Visa arrangements and fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as premium alcoholic beverages (such as champagne, cognacs, single malt whisky), telephone calls, laundry, camera fees, spa and business facilities in the hotel
- Video and professional still camera fees during excursions
- Gratuities for drivers, tour directors, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
- Meals (unless specified)
- Optional attractions and excursions (unless specified)
- Mara Reserve entry fee (payable directly along with private vehicle cost)
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Highlights of Northern Tanzania
Through The Rift Valley Safari
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.