Enjoy the spectacular First Passage to the West rail journey through the majestic Canadian Rockies as you retrace the steps of the 19th century explorers.
Begin your journey in Jasper, in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and Jasper National Park. Sit back and relax as Rocky Mountaineer takes you effortlessly through some of the most breath taking scenery that Canada has to offer - most of which is not normally accessible by road. Whether you decide to choose SilverLeaf Service or the luxurious GoldLeaf Service, you'll be in safe hands, with a comfortable seat, delicious gourmet breakfast and lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks included, as well as fascinating commentary on your surroundings.
This superb route travels through diverse and pristine wilderness including the coastal rainforest, pastoral ranchlands and the historic Gold Rush region with highlights such as Hell's Gate in Fraser Canyon, Rogers Pass and Fraser Canyon and the Cariboo Mountains. After your comfortable night stop in mountain town Kamloops, continue on through British Columbia and witness the dramatically changing scenery as you pass glacier-fed Seton Lake, Fraser Canyon and Deep Creek Bridge. Enjoy another night stop in British Columbia's premier resort town Whistler before passing through the awe-inspiring Coast and Cascade mountains to cool and cosmopolitan Vancouver.
This refers to the Westbound journey starting in Jasper and ending in Vancouver, however it can also be taken in reverse, on the Eastbound journey from Vancouver to Jasper.
Selected departure dates are available between April and October.
- Rocky Mountaineer's distinctive five star luxury service
- Magnificent scenery through the Canadian Rockies to the canyons and forests of British Columbia
- View the Mount Garibaldi, Cheakamus Canyon and glacier-fed Seton Lake
- Upgrade to GoldLeaf Service and experience panoramic views from the bi-level dome coach
Start your Journey
- 3 day Rocky Mountaineer service
- Breakfast and lunch on board the train each day
- Overnight accommodation in Quesnel
- Transfers to and from the hotel in Quesnel
- Overnight accommodation in Whistler
- Transfers to and from the hotel in Whistler
- Transport to/from airports
- Meals or excursions unless specified
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.