This unique, peanut-shaped country, once known as Northern Rhodesia, offers visitors an authentic African experience complete with adrenaline pumping adventures, a variety of fascinating cultural activities and an abundance of indigenous wildlife, which finds refuge in Zambia’s vast national parks.
Spend your evenings enjoying the spectacular site of the world’s largest waterfall, Victoria Falls, while sipping on sundowners after an exhilarating day of whitewater rafting down the rapids of the mighty Zambezi River. If that sounds a little too adventurous for your taste, take a houseboat cruise along the exquisite Lake Kariba while watching wild elephants drink at the riverbank as you try your hand at catching the elusive tiger fish.
Your ten-day Discover Zambia tour then takes you to Lower Zambezi National Park, known for its exceptional, undeveloped wildlife areas. A diverse range of wildlife can be spotted in this location such as hippo, buffalo, crocodiles, eagles and herds of elephants. The landscape features a rugged unspoilt wilderness made up of vast floodplains scattered with woodlands.
Moving on to South Luangwa National Park‘s breathtaking and untouched wilderness, embark on an unforgettable walking safari, which allows you to see elephant, hippo and even lion close-up under the supervision of professional and knowledgeable armed guides.
Visitors can look forward to an array of wonderful activities on this ten-day tour including game drives, walking safaris, canoe trips and excellent tiger fishing. However you choose to spend your time on your Discover Zambia tour, you are bound to leave with a heavy heart and a desire to return to this beautiful Southern African country.
- Witness the seventh wonder of the world, the spectacular Victoria Falls and explore the beautiful town of Livingstone
- Zambia is the home of walking safaris, offering an up-close and personal experience of South Luangwa National Park‘s unique wildlife and habitats
- Travel by boat along the Luangwa River and view the stunning flora, fauna, crocodiles, hippos and lots of other wildlife
- Stay in a luxury camp next to the Zambezi River and observe elephant, hippo and buffalo as well as many other animals that visit the camp daily
Start your Journey
Livingstone, Victoria Falls
On arrival at Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport in Livingstone, you will be picked up for the 45-minute drive to Thorntree River Lodge. You’ll spend three-nights at Thorntree River Lodge in a standard room on a full board basis including accommodation, local brand drinks, two activities daily, park fees, laundry, return Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport road transfers and return Kasane transfers.
Thorntree River Lodge is set in Zambia’s Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park. Just a short distance from the famous Victoria Falls, Thorntree River Lodge is built with an environmentally-conscious design, drawing inspiration from local customs and culture, it offers the feel of authentic Africa.
Each unit has its own indoor and outdoor bathrooms, as well as a luxurious private plunge pool. The main lodge consists of a lounge with an open dining area, where the fine dining experience of African cuisine comes to life. The communal deck is set on the edge of the stunning riverside and is home to a sunken boma area and an infinity pool. Wooden decking floats on the edge of the river and moves with the water level to create the illusion you’re on a sailing boat, achieving a seamless feel between river and land.
Activities include game drives in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, rhino tracking, bush walks, sunrise and sunset boat cruises, Simoonga Village visits, a visit to the Zambian side of the Falls, a visit to the Zimbabwean side of the Falls in the dry season (excludes visa fees), a visit to the Livingstone Museum, canoe trips with picnic lunch, a visit to Maramba and Makuni Markets, as well as catch and release shore fishing.
After breakfast, you will be picked up and taken to Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport in Livingstone. At the airport you will connect to the Proflight scheduled flight to the Jeki airstrip. Upon arrival at Jeki, you will be picked up and taken to Sausage Tree Camp. Sausage Tree Camp is set in a stunning location, set on the banks of the Zambezi River in the heart of the Lower Zambezi National Parks best game viewing area. The camp overlooks an expanse of narrow channels and low set reed islands teeming with game, with the magnificent Zambezi escarpment as the backdrop.
You’ll spend three-nights at Sausage Tree Camp in a Luxury Suite with en suite facilities on a full board basis including accommodation, local drinks, private daily game viewing activities, community levy, park fees (subject to change), Jeki airstrip transfers, internal park transfers, laundry, wifi and a personal butler. Accommodation consists of unique Bedouin-style white canvas tents furnished in luxurious fabrics and Zambian Teak. The open-air bathrooms and expansive Teak decks with Zambezi River views are a signature of the camp.
Sausage Tree Camp offers a wide range of safari activities which include day and night game drives, walks, canoe trips, boat cruises and fishing. With private guides, you can decide exactly what activity you would like to do and when. Elephant, hippo and buffalo are seen in camp daily and there’s also an extremely high chance of seeing lion, leopard, wild dogs, hyena and much more during your stay.
South Luangwa National Park
In the morning, you’ll be collected from Sausage Tree Camp and taken to Jeki, arriving in time for the Proflight scheduled flight to Mfuwe Airport. On arrival at Mfuwe International Airport, you will be picked up and driven to Time & Tide Chinzombo.
You’ll spend three-nights at Time & Tide Chinzombo in a Villa with en suite facilities on a full board basis including accommodation, local drinks, daily safari activities, park fees (subject to change), Luangwa Conservation and Community Fund levy, bed levy, return Mfuwe airport transfers, inter-camp transfers, laundry, limited wifi and service charge. Activities include day and night game drives, walking safaris, boating (seasonal) and cultural visits.
Chinzombo Camp is the perfect place from which to explore the majestic wilds of the Luangwa in style, luxury and exclusivity all year round.There is a yoga and exercise area as well as spa facilities. Spacious living areas comprise large, cooled bedrooms, luxurious bathrooms and private plunge pools on shady decks overlooking the Luangwa. The design is groundbreaking and original which complements the wilderness perfectly and allows the bush to speak for itself.
During the green season, depending on the water levels, boat cruises are offered as part of the daily activities.
End of itinerary
After breakfast in the morning, you will be picked up from the camp and taken to Mfuwe International Airport. From here, you will continue with the Proflight scheduled flight to Lusaka, this maybe an indirect service depending on the time of year with a flying time of approximately two-hours. Your ten-day Discover Zambia tour ends here.
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of 9 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Board basis is Full Board: breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Little Makalolo Camp Hwange National Park; Old Drift Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Board basis is Breakfast only at Victoria Falls Safari Club, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Local brand drinks at Little Makalolo and Old Drift Lodge
- Complimentary drinks at Victoria Falls Safari Club as specified
- Domestic flights and airfare taxes
- Assistance and porterage: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels
- English-speaking local guides for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (excluding video camera fee) and park fees for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary, except Tour of Falls entry fee (at Old Drift Lodge )
- International flights and airfare taxes
- Visa arrangements and fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as premium brand alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry, camera fees, spa and business facilities in the hotel
- Tour of Falls entry fee (at Old Drift Lodge )
- Video and professional still camera fees during excursions
- Gratuities for drivers, tour directors, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
- Meals (unless specified)
- Optional attractions and excursions (unless specified)
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Namibia Guided Safari Tour
Lalibela Tour From Addis Ababa
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.