With its tranquil lakes and opulent palaces, it’s not hard to see why Udaipur is called the most romantic city in India. On this tour extension, you will enjoy a sightseeing day discovering the cultural delights of this beautiful city. From its ornately decorated City Palace complex that took over 400 years to complete, the serene still beauty of Lake Pichola, to the Saheliyon Ki Bari royal gardens and fountains. Udaipur has ancient treasures at every corner. You’ll discover the extravagant opulence of the Maharana’s past and present, marvel at the city’s architectural feats, visit the ancient temples and soothe the soul aboard a magical boat ride.
- Discover the elaborate and flamboyant interiors of the City Palace complex, as well as the stunning panoramic city views from its upper terraces
- Enjoy a serene boat ride on Lake Pichola to discover India’s most romantic city, Udaipur, by water
Start your Journey
Delhi – Udaipur
Today, take a transfer to Delhi airport to catch a flight to Udaipur. After landing, a transfer will meet you at Udaipur airport to take you to The Ramada Hotel. Once you have checked in, you are free to spend the rest of the day exploring this beautiful city.
Today, you will enjoy a sightseeing tour of India’s most romantic city, Udaipur. The first stop will be to stand in awe of the City Palace complex. Stretching out along the eastern shore of Lake Pichola, the City Palace’s magnificent exquisite facade dominates the skyline. Behind its towering walls is a series of opulent palaces, all interconnected and designed in a flamboyant style. Look out for the Motil Mahal’s pretty stained-glass windows, the Belgian mirror-studded ceiling of the Sheesh Mahal and the indoor swing inside the Queen’s quarters of the Zenona Mahal. No expense was spared, and the series of palaces took 400 years to complete with contributions from several rulers of the Mewar dynasty. Discovering the City Palace complex gives you a real flavour of the extravagant lifestyles of the kings of yesteryear.
After discovering the City Palace complex, you’ll visit the nearby Jagdish Temple and the beautiful Saheliyon Ki Bari gardens with its stunning fountains. Later in the afternoon, you will enjoy a drive around the Fateh Sagar Lake. Fateh Sagar Lake’s stunning shimmering water that’s set against a backdrop of green mountains has earned it the moniker ‘the second Kashmir to Udaipur’.
To end the day in style, discover the city from a different angle by taking a boat ride on Lake Pichola. Admiring the sprawling outline of the cities’ skyline from the sides of the boat at sunset is a truly magical experience.
Udaipur – Delhi
Today, a transfer will take you to Udaipur airport to board your flight to Delhi. Arriving at Delhi airport, you’ll be met and taken to the Vivanta by Taj - Dwarka Hotel.
Today, a transfer will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Delhi airport. Bidding farewell to India, you’ll board your flight home.
- Accommodation - One twin / double bedded room for a total of 3 nights
- Meals - Room plus breakfast basis everywhere
- Transport - Services using an air-conditioned medium-sized car throughout
- Local English-speaking guide for sightseeing in Varanasi
- Assistance & Porterages - Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels by Le Passage To India representative and porterages at airport for 1 standard baggage per person included
- Evening Ganga Aarti at Ghats
- Morning boat ride in river Ganga
- Monument entrance fee
- Expenses of personal nature such as table drinks, telephone calls, laundry and camera fees
- Tips to drivers, local guides and hotel staff
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Himalayan Tour India
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.