Surround yourself with surreal views, intriguing local culture and endless vistas as you embark on your Sapa Explorer adventure. Spend four days exploring a land coated in a wash of green, punctuated by rushing rivers and mountain-top villages.
Sapa’s town is vibrant, with charismatic locals that bring colour to the streets. Venture out of town on foot, and you’ll discover the real reason Sapa is so beloved. Find yourself surrounded by the peaks of mountains and the valleys they create, all blanketed in lush trees and a rolling mist that clings to them. Explore this majesty as you trek to mountain villages, passing the carved steps of rice terraces that follow the soft contours of the mountain sides. Immerse yourself in the fascinating lives of the locals and meet hill tribes that wait to welcome you in.
The perfect addition to your Vietnam holiday, our Sapa Explorer tour pulls you into an adventure within a peaceful part of the country. It’s an experience that will leave you with sweet memories of Sapa’s stunning beauty, and its colourful and friendly people.
- Experience authentic Vietnam and take in breath-taking surroundings as you trek to the villages of Suoi Ho, Ma Tra and Ta Phin
- Get an insight into the daily lives of H’mong people on a visit to the village of Lao Chai
- Witness the spectacular views of Sapa from the Ham Rong Mountain botanical garden
- Relax on an overnight train to Hanoi
Start your Journey
Hanoi - Lao Cai - Sapa
Your Sapa adventure begins early this morning as you get picked up from your hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi (pick up from other locations is payable locally) and taken to the Sapa Express station. Board the Sapa Express and get ready for a wonderful five hour bus journey along the Noi Bai - Lao Cai highway, the perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy the stunning scenery passing by out of your window.
When you arrive in the mountain town of Sapa, you’ll be picked up by your local guide and taken to your hotel to settle in. After lunch, you’ll head to Ham Rong Mountain. Wander the botanical garden here and climb the stone steps to the viewpoint, where wonderful panoramic views of Sapa await.
Return to your hotel a little later and enjoy your first night in Sapa.
Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Sapa
Start the day off with breakfast at your hotel then hit the road. Take in the wondrous views of the Muong Hoa Valley and the stunning mountains and rice terrace fields as you journey along the road from Sapa to the village of Lao Chai. When you reach the village, you’ll get the chance to experience the intriguing daily life of the H’mong villagers.
From Lao Chai, soak up your surroundings as you walk to Ta Van Village, home of the Zay hill tribes. Take a break for lunch in Ta Van, freshly prepared by your local guide. After lunch, you’ll be taken back to Sapa, where the rest of the day is yours to spend exploring the town at leisure.
Sapa - Ma Tra - Ta Phin - Lao Cai - Night train to Hanoi
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and fuel up for a day of walking. Today’s first stop is the village of Suoi Ho, then you’ll follow the buffalo trails to Ma Tra, a village that’s home to the H’mong people. After enjoying a picnic lunch, continue your walk to the Ta Phin Village and meet the Red Dao people, famous for their weaving skills. From Ta Phin, you’ll walk to a meeting point, where you’ll be picked up and driven back to Sapa.
This evening, you’ll be taken to Lao Cai railway station ready to board the overnight train to Hanoi. Sit back, relax and settle into your comfortable carriage after your day of discovery.
Today marks the end of your Sapa adventure as your overnight train arrives in the capital city of Hanoi in the early hours of this morning. After a good night’s sleep aboard the train to Hanoi, you’ll arrive in the city in the early morning.
Make your way to the airport (payable locally), or why not continue your holiday by exploring Vietnam’s capital city?
- Cost of accommodation (twin room based on two people sharing, with air conditioning and a private bathroom) for a total of two nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Board basis: Half Board, two breakfasts and three lunches
- Private, air-conditioned transfers in Sapa with a local English-speaking guide
- Transfer from Hanoi to Sapa by high-quality express bus with an English-speaking conductor
- Overnight train from Lao Cai to Hanoi
- Drinking water and cold towels available on the vehicles
- Optional tours
- Surcharge for private four-berth compartment on the overnight train from Lao Cai to Hanoi for one or two passengers
- Surcharges for other language guides
- Surcharges for Lunar New Year (Tet Festival) holiday
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Meals (unless specified)
- Drinks with meals
- Compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges (will be advised at the time of booking)
- Visa arrangements and fees
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.