As the waves of the Pacific Ocean crash against Peru’s north coast, travellers flock to this fascinating area to enjoy the sensational surf and unparallelled history. Spend four days uncovering the hidden gems of Tumbes, with the comfort of the beachside Hotel Casa Andina Select Zorritos Tumbes as your base.
In Tumbes, the desert landscape of northwestern Peru gives way to an oasis of greenery. Verdant forest, mangroves and the ecological reserves abound here, all waiting to be explored. Venture into the Cerros de Amotape National Park and wander equatorial dry forest, spotting its wild inhabitants as you go, and explore Peru’s only region of mangroves at the Tumbes Mangrove National Sanctuary. Besides it’s natural beauty, Tumbes is also a treasure trove of history. Discover the remnants of past cultures and civilisations that tell the tales of the region’s past, from the 17th century San Nicolas de Tolentino Church, to the archaeological gems hidden among the hills of Cabeza de Vaca.
- Spend three nights in the beautiful beachside Hotel Casa Andina Select Zorritos Tumbes
- Discover Tumbes natural beauty as you visit nearby ecological reserves
- Visit archaeological sites and uncover an the lives of past civilisations
- Explore the fascinating city of Tumbes and see its historic buildings and experience the lovely Los Libertadores Pedestrian Area
Start your Journey
Lima - Tumbes
After being met and driven to the airport in Lima, catch your flight to Tumbes. When you arrive in Tumbes, you’ll be taken to your hotel. Hotel Casa Andina Select Zorritos Tumbes is set in the beachside town of Zorrito, the perfect place to soak up the Peruvian sun as you laze on the beach and sip on a drink from the pool bar.
Your first full day in Tumbes is yours to explore at leisure. Why not make your way into the city and see the main plaza? The beautiful baroque cathedral, San Nicolás de Tolentino Mother Church, stands besides the La Concordia Peruana-Ecuatoriana Pedestrian Area, dedicated to Peru’s friendship with neighbouring Ecuador, and the bustling Los Libertadores Pedestrian Area, full of shops and cafes.
After a day of adventure, you’ll once again spend the night at Hotel Casa Andina Select Zorritos Tumbes.
Spend another day at leisure, discovering all Tumbes has to offer. Why not wander outside of the city today and uncover the region’s beauty? Head to Palo Santo and take in the incredible views from its lookout perched atop the city’s tallest hill, or visit the nearby Cerros de Amotape National Park and Tumbes Mangrove National Sanctuary.
To learn more of the area’s history, visit the village of Cabeza De Vaca. Here, you can explore the Cabeza de Vaca Archeological Monumental Area’s intriguing archeological exhibits and stunning pre-Hispanic structures.
Tumbes - Lima
Today, bid this fascinating city a fond farewell. You’ll be driven to the airport, where you can catch a flight back to Lima once more. When you land in Lima, you’ll be met and assisted with taking your onward flight.
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of two nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Board basis is Full Board, with three breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners
- Entrance fees (excluding video camera fee) for all excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- Tax and service charge in the hotel
- Obligatory luggage fees at the airports and in the hotel
- International flights and airfare taxes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry and camera fees
- Gratuities for drivers, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Inca Trail To Machu Picchu Guided Tour
Machu Picchu And Rio De Janeiro Tour
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.