Discover the wonders of the Mekong Delta on this delightful four day cruise, which invites you to experience both Vietnam and Cambodia. Marvel at stunning landscapes as you cruise along the picturesque Mekong River, unearth ancient attractions, and converse with friendly locals as you learn more about the different cultures in these two incredible countries.
Find yourself aboard a luxurious cruise, enjoy scrumptious dishes and sip on a variety of fantastic drinks as you soak up the sun. You can also take part in the onboard activities, including culinary classes and watching classical films in the lounge cinema. Visit the colourful floating market of Cai Be, enjoy local traditional boat rides, and delve into the culture of Vietnam and Cambodia.
You’ll tour charming villages, take part in interactive workshops, and visit fish farms. This spectacular cruise effortlessly combines exhilarating activities for everyone to enjoy, and the opportunity to relax on deck or at the onboard spa treatment facility.
Arrive into Phnom Penh on your final day of the cruise, and spend the rest of your holiday taking in the sights at Cambodia’s bustling and lively capital. Take a trip to the National Museum, spend some time wandering around the art deco Central Market, and stroll along the riverfront, taking in the gorgeous parks, the Royal Palace and the many restaurants and bars.
- Hop on a traditional Vietnamese boat and experience the colourful floating market of Cai Be
- Discover some of Vietnam’s renowned ancient attractions and take in the natural landscapes and views
- Enjoy first-class service, delicious drinks and food, as well as luxury amenities on board
- Explore local villages and meet the traditional farming communities and friendly locals
Start your Journey
Sagion – My Tho – Cai Be
Leave the hustle and bustle of Saigon behind as you travel south towards My Tho. Enjoy sipping a drink in the Pearl of the Orient welcome lounge while the friendly crew gather your boarding passes.
On arrival in My Tho, step aboard the luxurious Pearl of the Orient cruise ship and prepare yourself for a journey of a lifetime as you sail along the mighty Mekong River. Tuck into a deliciously-prepared lunch buffet and check into your stateroom.
Spend the rest of your day exploring the ship’s facilities and taking in the stunning views from your private balcony. You can also join your crew at the open-air bar and lap up the beautiful sky, as day turns to night.
Savour a scrumptious dinner as your pull into Cai Be, which is where your cruiser will be mooring for the night. The quaint town of Cai Be is renowned for its Catholic French church and for being the manufacturer of a variety of different crafts and food products, some of which are sold at the floating market.
Join the crew in the lounge cinema, after dinner, to watch a classic film (available every night).
Cai Be – Sa Dec – Tan Chau
Start your morning with some Tai Chi on the ship sun deck to ready yourself for the adventures that lie ahead. After your Tai Chi class, you can sit down and fill up on a buffet breakfast.
The first stop on your fully-packed day is Cai Be. Here, you’ll be able to watch as locals take part in their traditional trading culture, swapping local goods from boat to boat, such as fruits and vegetables. Step on land and visit a local workshop to learn how a variety of rice products are manufactured. Take in scenic views on a local boat as the ship travels along the canal, before coming back aboard the ship to enjoy a nice spot of lunch.
Experience a picturesque ride to Binh Thanh Island on a local boat. Discover one of the untouched areas that are home to communities who have lived on the island for centuries. Stroll around the village and get a taste of what life is like on this beautiful island. Try your hand at mat making and meet a local elderly couple who will provide intriguing stories about life on the island.
Hop back onboard your ship and keep yourself entertained with some of the ship’s facilities, enjoy dinner and catch a film in the luxurious lounge.
Tan Chau – Border Crossing – Phnom Penh
Witness the sights in Tan Chau, the fish sanctuary of Vietnam. Relax as you tour around the peaceful town of Tan Chau on a xeloi, a local three-wheeling taxi. Take in the sights of the town and treat yourself at the local market while testing out your bargaining skills.
Join your crew on a local boat and cruise towards a floating fish farm where you can learn more about how Vietnam’s fishing farms work.
In the afternoon, it’s time to sail toward the Vietnamese Cambodian border and then onto Phnom Penh, passing luscious countryside. Spend your afternoon however you please. You can opt to relax and soak up the sun, indulge with a massage, try your hand at making some authentic local dishes, or taste some sweet treats at the afternoon High Tea party.
After dinner, you can step back onshore and explore the wonders of Phnom Penh.
Final day in Phnom Penh
Soak up your ship’s wonderful highlights, and prepare to say goodbye after tucking into a final delicious breakfast onboard. On your final day in Phnom Penh, you can explore the city’s rustic charm and elegant architecture. Here you’ll find an abundance of captivating history and intriguing culture just waiting to be explored.
- International flights and airfare taxes
- Cost of accommodation (in a Heritage Line stateroom cabin based on two people sharing) for a total of 3 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of wines, beer and spirits, complimentary tea, coffee, and mineral water onboard, butler service, transport, and guide services for sightseeing
- Private/small group (air-conditioned) transport / transfers
- Assistance and porterage: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure on the Heritage Line ship
- English-speaking local guides for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (excluding video camera fee) for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- Visa arrangements and fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as premium alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry, camera fees, spa and business facilities in the hotel
- Video and professional still camera fees during excursions
- Gratuities for drivers, tour directors, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
- Meals (unless specified)
- Optional attractions and excursions (unless specified)
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Escorted Tour To Vietnam And Cambodia
Luxury Tour Cambodia Vietnam Laos
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.