For those that love natural beauty, relaxing walks and delicious food, Tasmania is the place for you. From stunning coastal trails to vast mountain hikes, the combination of awe-inspiring natural scenery and fascinating wildlife will have you feeling like you’ve taken a step back in time.
Discover the untamed beauty of Tasmania's pristine UNESCO World Heritage site wilderness with our ten day Grand Tasman tour. Explore the alpine waterfalls, dense rainforests and sparkling glacial lakes of Cradle Mountain National Park, and the white sandy beaches and gigantic granite peaks of Freycinet Peninsula.
Pass through the historic areas of Battery Point, Salamanca and the Hobart Waterfront, and savour the delights of Tasmania’s fine wines and gourmet food. History lovers will enjoy walking through the grounds of Port Arthur, learning of Australia's rich, and often brutal, early convict history, while soaking up the superbly preserved natural wilderness of this island state.
- Take a trip to East Coast Natureworld for up-close viewings of endangered native wildlife, such as the renowned marsupial, the Tasmanian devil
- Explore the dramatic pink granite peaks, secluded bays and white sandy beaches of Freycinet National Park
- Embark on a sightseeing cruise around the Isle of the Dead and learn about the convict history of Port Arthur
- Soak up the incredible scenery from the top of Cradle Mountain before enjoying some of Tasmania’s world-famous cheese at a cheese factory
Start your Journey
A driver will collect you from the airport and take you to your hotel for check-in. You will then be taken on a picturesque drive through farmland and vineyards following the Tamar River, before a Welcome Dinner.
Launceston - Bicheno
You will be picked up and taken on a tour around the wine-producing area of Northern Tasmania. Moving on to East Coast Natureworld, you’ll get to meet the native marsupial, the Tasmanian devil, and other wildlife. Your day will finish with a drive through Freycinet National Park and a visit to the town of Bicheno.
Bicheno - Hobart
You’ll have the day to discover Campbell Town, Ross, and the famous bridge in Richmond. Your tour will then continue to the spectacular peninsula, Eaglehawk Neck, where you can soak up incredible views of this dramatic coastline.
Discover Port Arthur
Spend the day exploring Port Arthur, Australia's most notorious convict site. Enjoy a guided tour and cruise around the Isle of the Dead. Moving on to Hobart, enjoy a delicious dinner with wine on the waterfront.
Wander through the streets of Salamanca Place, explore Constitution Dock, the beautiful harbour, and the famous markets in this location. Alternatively, join an optional tour to Bruny Island (at additional cost).
Hobart - Strahan
On this day, you’ll be picked up and taken to the stunning Russell Falls in the heart of Mount Field National Park, before journeying through Tasmania’s wilderness to the shores of Lake St Clair in the Cradle Mountain National Park. You’ll spend one night in the picturesque seaside town of Strahan.
Strahan - Cradle Mountain
Cruise the Gordon River to the former penal colony of Sarah Island, before returning back to shore at Strahan and travelling on to Cradle Mountain.
Cradle Mountain - Smithton
Travel out to the tranquil shores of Dove Lake for magnificent scenery, then travel to the fishing village of Stanley set on a striking rocky outcrop.
Smithton - Launceston
Tantalise your tastebuds with a tour of a local cheese factory, then take in the vistas from the shores of the Great Lake, before a farewell dinner in Launceston.
Explore Cataract Gorge for your final day, then take a cruise on the Tamar River and admire the National Rose Garden before your onward journey.
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of 9 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Board basis is Half Board: 9 breakfasts, one lunch and 8 dinners
- All transportation by spacious luxury coach with modern amenities and professional driver
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your tour
- Expert English-speaking local guides for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary, and an APT Tour Director
- APT’s Enriching Signature Experiences
- APT’s Freedom of Choice concept, where you have the flexibility to tailor your sightseeing and dinner options in select locations, at no additional cost
- Overseas transfers and luggage porterage
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Pacific Coast Explorer Tour
Holidays To Tasmania From Melbourne
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.