Our Belmond Lima & Cusco Tour offers the perfect blend of ancient culture, fascinating history and a little bit of indulgence.
Starting in Lima, you’ll explore the historic centre, with tours of the main square, Plaza de Armas. Underground mazes and tunnels await, unveiling the fascinating history of the City of Kings. Then, we’ll move on to visit the city’s contemporary districts, San Isidro and Flores. Shop to your heart’s content here and then admire the immaculate gardens. The tour continues through to Cusco, where you’ll discover ancient relics of Incan history. Ruins, fortresses and temples are dotted around, bursting with a rich history and importance.
You’ll ride aboard the famous Belmond Hiram Bingham train and receive the best service in one of the world’s most exclusive trains. Admire the striking scenery as you ride past bright blue glaciers and volcanos with a Peruvian cocktail in hand.
You’ll arrive at one of the Seven Wonders of the World - Machu Picchu - where the most famous Incan site remains. The Limo & Cusco Tour comes to an end with a train ride back to Cusco, where you’ll begin your travels home.
- Ride aboard the famous luxury Hiram Bingham train to Macchu Pichu
- Discover one of the Seven Wonders of the World at Macchu Picchu
- Explore underground mazes and tunnels in Lima
- Shop in the glitzy Miraflores and San Isidro neighbourhoods
Start your Journey
Welcome to your Belmond Lima & Cusco Tour. You’ll arrive at Lima Airport, where you’ll be met and accompanied to your hotel. Enjoy the first day at your own pace - unpack, unwind and settle into Peru’s bustling capital, ready for tomorrow.
After an early breakfast, it’s time to explore the historical centre. You’ll find colourful architecture around the main square, Plaza de Armas and the Cathedral and Government Palace here. Then, visit the San Francisco Monastery and discover underground mazes of tunnels and catacombs and the stories behind them.
The morning comes to a close with a visit to the city’s contemporary districts, Miraflores and San Isidro for upscale shopping districts and immaculate parks. After lunch, the afternoon is yours to explore and discover the glitzy neighbourhoods.
Lima - Cusco
After a buffet breakfast, you’ll be picked up from your hotel and driven to Lima Airport for a short flight to Cusco. Upon arrival, you’ll be accompanied to your hotel and then taken on a city tour.
The tour begins in the Plaza de Armas, where you’ll see the renaissance-style Roman Catholic Cathedral. Through narrow alleys, you’ll find Koricancha, a temple beloved by the Incas. As you tour Cusco, step into the past to discover ancient Incan ruins, fortresses, temples, tunnels and chambers.
You’re just over halfway through your Lima and Cusco Tour. Enjoy the day at your leisure, explore deeper into the city or unwind and regroup for a busy day tomorrow.
Cusco - Machu Picchu
Start the day with an early buffet breakfast before setting off to the train station in Poroy. Today, you’ll ride aboard the famous luxury train, the Belmond Hiram Bingham to Machu Picchu and back. You’ll be greeted with live music and an aperitif, followed by a delicious and decadent brunch.
Arriving in Machu Picchu, discover the charming citadel, the most famous and well preserved Incan site in the Andean region. There’s much to discover here. Machu Picchu is UNESCO listed and one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Later on, indulge in a full afternoon tea, complete with delicious petit fours and mini sandwiches.
Picchu - Cusco
Enjoy the morning at your own pace, perhaps returning to Machu Picchu or exploring the surrounding areas. In the afternoon, enjoy another afternoon tea at your hotel before setting off on the Hiram Bingham for a gourmet dinner.
Aboard the train, you can admire the spectacular scenery of snowy mountains in the Andeans as you leave Machu Picchu. Sip on specially made local cocktails to the sounds of Peruvian live music until arriving in Cusco, where you’ll be accompanied back to your hotel.
It’s time to bid Cusco farewell as you head towards the airport and begin your journey home.
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of 6 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- 1 bottle of mineral water per person per day
- Private/small group (air-conditioned) transport / transfers
- Assistance and porterage: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels
- English-speaking local guides for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (excluding video camera fee) for monuments and palaces and entertainment, and park fees for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- International flights and airfare taxes
- Visa arrangements and fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry, camera fees, spa and business facilities in the hotel
- Video and professional still camera fees during excursions
- Gratuities for drivers, tour directors, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
- Meals (unless specified)
- Optional attractions and excursions (unless specified)
- Car hire and insurance
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Private Wine Tour Chile
Private Tour Santiago Chile
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.