Located just a few kilometres from the Zambezi River in southwestern Zambia, the bustling town of Livingstone is famous for being the home of the magnificent Victoria Falls. One of the original natural wonders of the world, this World Heritage Site is known locally as ‘The Smoke that Thunders’. Victoria Falls is accessible from both Zambia and Zimbabwe and is an ideal place to combine game viewing and adrenaline sports.
Take a guided walk beside the falls, admiring the magical flora and fauna that surrounds the area. Thrill-seekers may wish to embark on an exhilarating day of whitewater rafting down the rapids of the mighty Zambezi River. For those who enjoy a little culture, meander through the vibrant local Livingstone Market, or discover the region’s history and archeology at the Livingstone Museum.
However you choose to spend your time in this unique country, our four-day Livingstone and The Falls tour will leave you with a heavy heart and a desire to return.
- Explore the lush-green rainforest that surrounds Victoria Falls and the twn of Livingstone
- Take your pick from from scenic flights, horse-back safaris or thrilling white-water rafting in the rapids below the falls
- Embark on a walking tour of the falls’ greatest attractions, including views of Victoria Falls Bridge and Devil’s Pool
- Enjoy an incredible sunset cruise on the Zambezi River with your favourite sundowner in hand.
Start your Journey
Livingstone (Victoria Falls)
Upon arrival to Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Airport, a driver will be waiting to take you to Tongabezi Lodge in Livingstone. You’ll spend three-nights at Tongabezi, a lodge set in a tranquil grove of African ebony trees, beside a sweeping bend of the Zambezi River, twenty-five kms upstream of Victoria Falls.
Activities are many and varied and include a sunrise and sunset boat trip on the Zambezi, lunch on a local Island with guided walk, fishing, a visit to the Victoria Falls on the Zambian Side, a game drive in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National park and guided walks in the gorge below the Falls. History lovers will enjoy a cultural visit to the museum and for those feeling active, there is a mountain bike trail to the local village and a shopping trip on the Zambian side of the Falls.
For those looking to enjoy the lodge facilities, you can enjoy a relaxing dip in a swimming pool which has been landscaped into the rock face, perfect for spectacular photo opportunities. At night, romantic candlelit dinners may be enjoyed in the forest, under the stars, along with your own private butler for a one-of-a-kind experience (additional costs apply).
End of itinerary
After breakfast, a scheduled transfer will collect you from Tongabezi Lodge and will take you to the Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Airport in Livingstone for your onward arrangements.
- Board basis is Full Board: breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Tongabezi Lodge, Livingstone (Victoria Falls)
- All local brand drinks and laundry
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of 3 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Private/small group (air-conditioned) transport / transfers
- Assistance and porterage: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels
- English-speaking local guides for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- Activities: Sunrise or sunset boat cruise, Guided canoeing excursion subject to water levels and hippo activity, Lunch on local island with guided walk, Fishing (equipment provided), Tour of Falls on Zambian side – excluding entry fees, Game drive in Mosi
- International flights and airfare taxes
- Visa arrangements and fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, such as premium alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, camera fees, spa and business facilities in the hotel
- Video and professional still camera fees during excursions
- Gratuities for drivers, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
- Meals (unless specified)
- Park entrance fees of US$10.00 per person per entry for game drives and sunset cruises, Falls entrance fees of US$20.00 per person per visit, and museum entrance fees of US$5.00 per person are payable direct
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.