Our two night Iguazu Waterfalls Tour is the perfect way to explore one of South America’s most iconic natural wonders. These majestic falls, on the border between Argentina and Brazil, are so vast you’ll need to travel to two countries to experience them fully.
The Iguazu Falls stand 82m in height, dividing the mighty Iguazu river. The Argentinian side offers views from the top of the falls. From the catwalk you’ll watch in wonder as millions of litres of water plunges into the abyss. You can explore the entire area on a well kept network of hiking trails. By contrast, the Brazilian side offers the classic panoramic vista and a catwalk leading into the heart of Devil’s Throat. Walking out into the midst of the spray is an intense, heart pounding experience. Plenty of viewing platforms across the park provide the perfect place to capture photographs.
Iguazu Falls stand within a natural park of incredible beauty. Nature lovers can hope to see orchids, toucans and thousands of varieties of butterflies. Wandering the forest trails is a relaxing way to spend a couple of days, listening to the roar of the falls and stopping to enjoy each new perspective. Take a picnic and enjoy lunch with an unbeatable view, returning to the hotel in the evenings to rest by the pool with a cold drink in hand.
- Stand at the top of Devil’s Throat in Argentina and marvel at the force
- Get the classic panoramic view of the falls in Brazil
- Stay in luxurious accommodation in Argentina
- Hike the lower and upper trails, enjoying the beautiful forest surrounding the river
Start your Journey
Arrive in Iguazu
Arrive at Iguazu airport and transfer to your hotel by car, crossing the Tancredo Neves Bridge into Argentina.
When you’ve unpacked and settled in, it’s time to head out and experience the falls. From the visitor centre, we’ll ride the train to the upper viewing platform right on the edge of Devil’s Throat and marvel at the sight and sound of millions of litres of water plunging into the deep ravine. From here you’ll walk down to the lower circuit, enjoying the natural beauty of the river and the jungle that surrounds it.
In the afternoon you can book a boat tour of the Iguazu rapids or spend the rest of the day at your leisure.
Today we’ll cross the river to the Brazilian side of the falls. Wandering the well kept trails, we’ll head for the viewing site at the base of Devil’s Throat, which includes a catwalk leading right out into the midst of the falls. The viewing platform at the Salta Santa Maria has an excellent panoramic vista of the whole site.
There are also some lovely hikes in the area, where you can explore features like San Martin Island – a spectacular forested outcrop that sits right in the midst of the river.
We’ll spend the day exploring the park before heading back to your hotel in the evening.
Final day in Iguazu
Transfer by car to Iguazu airport for your onward connection.
- English-speaking local guides for all guided excursions as illustrated in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as appropriate
- Private/small group (air-conditioned) transport / transfers
- Cost of accommodation (double room based on two people sharing) for a total of 2 nights (alternative but similar accommodation may be used at certain times of the year)
- Meals included as detailed
- Assistance and porterage: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels
- International and domestic flights
- Optional attractions and excursions (unless specified)
- Gratuities for drivers, tour directors, local guides, naturalists and hotel staff
- Personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry, camera fees, spa and business facilities in the hotel
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Toronto Montreal Quebec Ottawa Tour
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.