Experience the amazing ruins of the once mighty Khmer Empire at Angkor, an ancient city of temples and palaces built between the 9th and 13th centuries and spread across more than 75 square miles of jungle.
- Enchanting ruins of Angkor Thom
- Sculpted faces of Bayon Temple
- Angkor Wat
- Floating homes on Ton Le Sap Lake
- Jungle labyrinths at Ta Prohm
Start your Journey
Arrive in Siem Reap and transfer to your hotel. In the morning, visit Prasat Kravan with its unique brick sculptures and Srah Srang, The Royal Baths, undoubtedly used in the past for ritual bathing. Later visit Neak Pean fountain and Preah Khan Temple. In the afternoon drive to Banteay Srei temple, stop at a local village to visit families who are producing palm sugar and Banteay Samre temple.
Today you will visit the ancient capital of Angkor Thom and see the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk, Bayon Temple, Baphuon Temple, Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King Temples. After lunch visit Ta Prohm, one of the areas most beautiful temples, and Angkor Wat, one of the most famous temples. This evening, dinner is served at a local restaurant with a dance show.
This morning enjoy a traditional wooden boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake, one of the largest lakes in Asia. Visit the Senteurs D’Angkor workshop and experience the authentic scents and tastes of Cambodia through a range of traditional handmade products that help create jobs and incomes for impoverished rural communities. After lunch visit Les Artisans D'Angkor - Chantiers Ecoles, this centre is working with young artisans; the team creates, produces and markets a unique collection of ornamental sculpture, lacquer ware, silk weaving and silk painting. This evening transfer to Siem Reap airport for your onward flight, Sihanoukville is a great destination to relax on the beach, or alternatively extend your stay in Siem Reap to continue exploring this charming town.
- Accommodation as detailed in twin or double room with private facilities (alternative but similar hotels may be used at certain times of year).
- Meals included as detailed. Breakfast is usually a Western-style buffet in your hotel and most other meals are taken in local restaurants.
- Services of a local English-speaking local driver/guide.
- Airport transfers and air conditioned transportation.
- All entrance fees as mentioned.
- Bottle water and cold towel in coach during sightseeing.
- International flights from the UK
- Visa Fees
- Tips for driver/guide
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.