The Alleppey Houseboat extension tour will let you discover the backwaters of Kerala onboard a traditional houseboat. This two-day tour, which starts in Alleppey, lets you explore the palm-lined waterways, canals and lagoons that run inland from the coast.
Houses and villages line the banks and, as you serenely float down the intricate maze of waterways, you will pass endless paddy fields and coconut trees as you go. During the journey, you will also get to visit India’s longest lake, the Vembanad. A Kerala-style houseboat cruise is the best way to visit and discover this region. It’s a truly unique quintessential experience that makes unforgettable memories.
- Enjoy a day cruise on a traditional Kerala-style houseboat and discover Alleppey’s serene network of canals, rivers and palm-fringed lagoons
- Visit India’s longest lake, the Vembanad
Start your Journey
After landing at Cochin International airport, you will be met and a transfer will take you to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy at your own leisure.
Cochin - Alleppey (Houseboat)
After breakfast, you will leave Cochin and drive to Alleppey. Alleppey is a city in the backwaters of Kerala. It is the main centre for the network of canals and waterways that Kerala is famous for. The best way to visit the region is aboard a traditional Kerala-style houseboat. Today, you will enjoy a two and a half hour houseboat cruise. Drifting down the maze of waterways aboard a houseboat you will see paddy fields, witness the village life on the banks as well as taking in the peace and tranquility of the area. You will also get to explore India’s longest lake - the Vembanad.
Today, you will get to enjoy another day aboard the houseboat on the backwaters. These palm-lined networks of canals, lagoons and rivers are simply divine. As you travel through the intricate maze of backwaters, you’ll pass endless paddy fields and coconut trees as you go. Houses and villages line the waterways with the region’s lush green landscape as a calming backdrop.
Leave Alleppey - Cochin
Today, you will leave Alleppey and head to Cochin International airport. Arriving at the airport, you will board your onward flight.
- Accommodation: twin room for a total of 3 nights
- Room plus breakfast basis everywhere except Alleppey which is Full Board
- Air-conditioned medium car throughout
- Assistance and Porterages: meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports and hotels by Le Passage To India representative and porterages at airport for 1 standard baggage per person included
- Expenses of personal nature such as table drinks, telephone calls, laundry and camera fees
- Tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Kerala South India Tour
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.