Our Tracks Through Kenya tour is a short three day safari adventure that takes you to Taita Hills, a private wildlife sanctuary of 28,000 acres, located on the border of Tsavo National Park. You will be staying at the Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge, a favourite amongst wildlife-enthusiasts who wish to stay at the heart of their safari escape.
Famous for being one of the most photographed lodges in the world, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is a truly unique concept consisting of 96 rooms elevated on stilts. Each room overlooks a large waterhole which is floodlit at night, ensuring that you can enjoy an uninterrupted view of the numerous animals arriving to quench their thirst at any time of day. The game lodge boasts an elevated restaurant and bar, offering stunning and romantic views of the sanctuary whilst enjoying dinner and drinks.
The Sanctuary is situated between Nairobi and Mombasa, making Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge a perfect check-in whilst exploring the rest of Kenya on a tailor-made holiday in Africa.
- Stay at Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge, one of the most photographed lodges in the world
- Admire endless views from your lodge which overlooks a salt lick where animals come to bathe and drink at all hours
- Enjoy two morning and two afternoon safaris, giving you an opportunity to see as much wildlife as possible throughout your stay
- Perfectly located between Nairobi and Mombasa, the Tracks Through Kenya Tour is the perfect pit stop on your Kenya holiday
Start your Journey
Nairobi - Voi
From your Nairobi city centre hotel an early morning transfer will take you to Madaraka Express train station. From here you will will take a 4-hour rail journey to Voi Station.
Once in Voi, a driver will be on stand-by, ready to take you to Sarova Saltlick Game Lodge. Following check in, a delicious lunch will be provided at Taita Hills lodge followed by a visit to the inhouse Artefacts Museum which houses a fascinating assortment of artefacts from World War 1. Here, you can sit in on an educational talk that gives an insight on Taita Taveta’s role in World War 1.
Later that afternoon, you will depart on an afternoon game drive through the sanctuary. In the evening you can rest at leisure, choosing to view game from the lodge balcony or underground hide.
Taita Hills Sanctuary
After a hearty breakfast you will depart on a morning game drive. The hazy-red sunrise and appearance of the daytime shift heralds a different sort of wildlife experience and offers quieter sounds and smells of the bush. Many animals can be spotted scampering around going to ground for the day, leaving their overnight accommodation to sun themselves, groom each other and start foraging.
Spend the rest of the morning at leisure, viewing game from the lodge balcony which overlooks a watering hotel and saltlick.
In the afternoon you will depart for another afternoon game drive.
Following an early morning game drive and breakfast, a transfer will take you to Voi train station for a 2-hour rail journey to Mombasa, marking the end of your Tracks Through Kenya Tour. On arrival to Mombasa, , transport will be waiting to take you to your accommodation on either the North or South coast to check in for your beach stay.
- Meet and greet services
- Transfers as specified on shared basis
- Game drives in Taita Hills Sanctuary will be on a shared basis in lodge safaribus (with English speaking driver guide
- Meals and accommodation as specified
- 1st Class Train Tickets as specified on the itinerary (Nairobi – Voi – Mombasa)
- Visas, international flights and airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Driver-guide gratuities, drinks, dining rooms tips and porterage
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Mombasa Accommodation
You might also like these
Take a look at these other inspiring itineraries. Our Destination Specialists would love to create something perfect for you.
Luxury Kenya Safari Tour
Highlights Of Kenya
There’s no question too small. Start planning your dream trip by talking to our Destination Specialists.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest travel inspiration and destination news.
How we tailor make your holiday
The Hayes & Jarvis Way
We've been tailor making holidays for 65 years. With over 60 destinations to choose from, talk to us and we'll listen to your travel ideas to create unforgettable holiday experiences.