Pacific North West Explorer
14 Days Private
guide prices from
Explore all that Northwest America has to offer and experience the world the way Mother Nature intended it to be seen. Beautiful rainforests, glorious national parks and magnificent vineyards are all waiting for you!
Book this tour
0844 855 4488*
Prices shown are guide prices, special offers & tour only prices may also be available. Please call for details.
- Seattle (3 nights) Space Needle. Pioneer Square. Original Starbucks.
- Port Angeles (1 night) Port Angeles Harbour. Olympic National Park. Discovery Trail.
- Quinault (1 night) Olympic National Park. Lake Quinault. Quinault Rain Forest
- Astoria (1 night) Astoria Column. Fort Astoria. Fort Stevens State Park. Long Beach Peninsula.
- Coos Bay (1 night) Sea Lions Cave. Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
- Crater Lake (1 night) Crater Lake National Park.
- Bend (1 night) Lava Lands. Newberry National Volcanic Monument.
- Portland (2 nights) Warm Springs Indian Reservation. Columbia River Gorge. Mount Hood. Portland Japanese Garden. The Grotto.
- Yakima (1 night) Yakima Valley. Toppenish Murials. Downtown Yakima.
- Wenatchee (1 night)Mount Rainier. Wenatchee National Forest.
Print itinerary Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D), Room Only - no meals (RO)
Days 1-2 - Seattle
Arrive into Seattle. Wander the waterfront, watch the sunset from the famous Space Needle and enjoy the local hospitality in one of America's favourite cities.
Overnight accommodation - Holiday Inn Express Seattle or similar (RO)
Day 3 - Seattle to Port Angeles (83 miles)
A scenic wilderness area extending from the glacier clad mountains to ocean shore, Port Angeles boasts one of the largest and most beautiful rainforests in North America.
Overnight accommodation - Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles or similar (RO)
Day 4 - Port Angeles to Quinault
Drive to Lake Quinault in the heart of Olympic National Park and enjoy the cool shades of the temperate rainforest or spend a few lazy hours out on the lake soaking up the afternoon sun.
Overnight accommodation - Lake Quinault Lodge or similar (RO)
Day 5 - Quinault to Astoria (211 miles)
Leave the magical Olympic National Park behind you and continue your picturesque journey on to Astoria. A short detour will take you to an ancient Indian village.
Overnight accommodation - Shilo Inn Warrenton or similar (RO)
Day 6 - Astoria to Coos Bay (310 miles)
Drive the Oregon coast passing countless beach towns, more than 20 state parks and the Sea Lion Cave.
Overnight accommodation - Red Lion Inn Coos Bay or similar (RO)
Day 7 - Coos Bay to Crater Lake National Park (179 miles)
Crater Lake National Park contains the deepest lake in the United States and boasts spectacular views.
Overnight accommodation - The Cabins Mazama Village or similar (RO)
Day 8 - Crater Lake National Park to Bend (99 miles)
The short drive gives you plenty of time to visit the Lava Lands and Newberry National Volcanic Monument.
Overnight accommodation - Shilo Inn Bend or similar (RO)
Days 9-10 - Bend to Portland (162 miles)
Visit the Warm Springs Indian Reservation, the Columbia River Gorge as well as Mount Hood and Hood River enroute to Portland, one of the most delightful cities in America.
Overnight accommodation - Crowne Plaza Portland Convention or similar (RO)
Day 11 - Portland to Yakima (185 miles)
This is an unforgettable journey for those seeking out great wine - magnificent vineyards feature trellis laden with rich grape varieties. Meet with winery family members and learn about the winemaking process.
Overnight accommodation - Quality Inn or similar (RO)
Day 12 - Yakima to Wenatchee (106 miles)
Enjoy a quiet morning at Mount Rainier before heading towards Wenatchee.
Overnight accommodation - Holiday Inn Express or similar (RO)
Day 13 - Wenatchee to Seattle (184 miles)
Stop by Leavenworth which was originally a railroad and sawmill town.
Overnight accommodation - The Clarion Sea Tac or similar (RO)
Day 14 - Seattle
Head back to the airport for your flight.
- 13 nights accommodation
- Room Only
- Holiday prices are in £'s per person based on twin occupancy
What's Not Included
- Flights, car hire (including any applicable one way drop off fees or insurance), meals or excursions unless specified, park entrance fees (if applicable), ferry charges (if applicable).
The hotels named within each itinerary are subject to change based on room availability. If a listed hotel is not available for your chosen dates we will substitute it for another hotel of similar standard and location, which will be confirmed to you in your welcome pack at the first hotel.
Holiday prices are in £'s per person based on twin occupancy.
Regional Departures available. Please contact our Travel Centre Team for details.
Prices may increase or decrease, you will be quoted the up to date price at the time of booking.
Itinerary shown is for 2012 departures. Please contact reservations for more information.